Celebrating personal discordia and spiritual anarchy.




Search This Blog


"Anarchy is not intended to be sustainable. It is not a system of government, a codified list of rules and beliefs, or a mind set geared toward cultural constructivism. It is a spark, a flash, a small flame that ignites a paradigm-obliterating explosion. It is destructive by nature. It lies dormant and, like diesel fuel, can only be ignited by tremendous pressure. It deconstructs. It strips flesh from bone and grinds bone to dust. It is doomed to consumption in the conflagration instigated by its own primal spark. It is a catalyst. It is tinder. It is powder and fuse."

Rich Oliver




When kindness is cruelty

When the path is obvious and present circumstances, associations and relations do not support it for anyone involved, change is needed. Courage to affect change becomes necessary. Courage, often at the expense of feelings or reputation. What is the action most aligned with the higher good? How do I not settle back into destructive patterns of the past? How do I set someone free who willingly remains in the cage even when its door remains eternally open and incentive to stay within is completely removed? No manner of kindness seems to help. I have tried. I care about her, hope for her happiness and success, believe in her talent and abilities...but know strongly and without doubt that our paths are diverging. I know what I must do. I know that it will hurt her emotionally, but she and I are no longer on the same journey and we must part ways or neither of us will progress beyond this point.

I am walking a new road. I am seeking new companions and friends. It is truly cruel to be kind at this juncture. I hope she understands.