Celebrating personal discordia and spiritual anarchy.




Search This Blog


"Anarchy is not intended to be sustainable. It is not a system of government, a codified list of rules and beliefs, or a mind set geared toward cultural constructivism. It is a spark, a flash, a small flame that ignites a paradigm-obliterating explosion. It is destructive by nature. It lies dormant and, like diesel fuel, can only be ignited by tremendous pressure. It deconstructs. It strips flesh from bone and grinds bone to dust. It is doomed to consumption in the conflagration instigated by its own primal spark. It is a catalyst. It is tinder. It is powder and fuse."

Rich Oliver




Apocalypsed Out

What if there is no apocalypse? What if there is no End Time?

Each generation waits for the end and, interestingly enough, it never comes on a macro scale. Each generation reads the signs, preps for it, and passes to the grave without seeing its fulfillment.

It is possible that the end time mythos is archetypal as well and speaks more to the internal, spiritual/emotional/intellectual growth process as illustrated through personal paradigm shift rather than an actual description of global events.

How many of us here on this forum have experienced this kind of personal Armageddon?
How many of us have been born again from the ashes? Gone through a kind of ego death, rested for a season and been raised up as a “new man”? I think the End Time scenario fits well within my personal growth experiences.

I was raised under the looming threat of global thermo-nuclear annihilation. I was taught to prepare for the end each and every year of my young life. I was so indoctrinated in End Time theory that I fell into a mild depression, convinced that the Second Coming would occur before Lucas would be able to finish the Star Wars saga. Imagine my surprise, and absolute glee, as I sat and watched Episode VI in a modern, climate controlled, stadium style, Dolby surround sound theater.

I don’t plan on the end anymore. I just try and enjoy each day as it dawns.