Celebrating personal discordia and spiritual anarchy.




Search This Blog


"Anarchy is not intended to be sustainable. It is not a system of government, a codified list of rules and beliefs, or a mind set geared toward cultural constructivism. It is a spark, a flash, a small flame that ignites a paradigm-obliterating explosion. It is destructive by nature. It lies dormant and, like diesel fuel, can only be ignited by tremendous pressure. It deconstructs. It strips flesh from bone and grinds bone to dust. It is doomed to consumption in the conflagration instigated by its own primal spark. It is a catalyst. It is tinder. It is powder and fuse."

Rich Oliver




Toward a Spontaneous Ignition


I met someone yesterday, a shaman. Genuine. Powerful. Insightful. Light and airy on the surface, deep and probing behind smiling, tired eyes. "it's the end of the world", she said as she poked at her dessert, talking low in the swirling conversation to no one in particular. She smiled and shrugged, then joined the rest in celebration.

Is it the end? I don't know. I believe it is due to transform at any rate. I am changing. I can feel it. My old coping skill set doesn't work anymore. I am free falling into something new. Something strangely familiar. We have been here before. You and I.

Something is about to ignite....