Celebrating personal discordia and spiritual anarchy.




Search This Blog


"Anarchy is not intended to be sustainable. It is not a system of government, a codified list of rules and beliefs, or a mind set geared toward cultural constructivism. It is a spark, a flash, a small flame that ignites a paradigm-obliterating explosion. It is destructive by nature. It lies dormant and, like diesel fuel, can only be ignited by tremendous pressure. It deconstructs. It strips flesh from bone and grinds bone to dust. It is doomed to consumption in the conflagration instigated by its own primal spark. It is a catalyst. It is tinder. It is powder and fuse."

Rich Oliver




Dire Decision

I turned off the TV.
The world slapped me
With its violent
Chaos.

What happened while America
Danced with the Stars
Worshipped the Idol
And knelt at the Bowl?

How did we get here?
Why didn't I see this?

Distracted by bread and circus
I laughed at civil rights stripped
And military law applied
In the land of the Free.

Black Friday mobs justified
In the face of dissonant treatment
For those that awoke early
With fists in the air and tents in public places.

Dirty, filthy, diseased, hippes.
Their cause ridiculed and raided
Because they weren’t buying TVs.

I turned off the TV today.
I am awake and angry.
And looking to the unwashed for wisdom.

I believe, in my soul, that a decision has to be made now. We are standing at the edge, again, of nuclear destruction in a war with China and Russia. Our leaders are going to take us there, mostly to cover their misdeeds and fatten their wallets. We need to stop them. Now.

I believe that we will perish, in a nuclear blaze or on our own terms. The odds are even for either outcome. I want to make my stand and face the end of my mortality on my feet and under my own locus of control. I will not wait, scared, in the wings for my savior to swoop in and make it all better. I will be my own savior. I will be my own instrument of karma. I will be free and strong in the face of death, to face it in the way I create for myself.

Life is transitory. Freedom is forever.